View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
Sergeytov

Sergeytov is on a distinguished road
Advanced Reffed Combat Systems

As a MUSHer, and a fan of refereed combat (ie, a real person judging conditional modifiers), I've been wondering: Are there any MU*s out there that have successfully implemented support code for reffed combat, and what kind of features do they possess?

One of the major projects I'm currently working on is attempting to successfully integrate 'combat code' to make combat easier, while maintaining the feel of genuine reffed combat my community seems to like.

Things I have done so far, without anywhere else to look to:
1) A command to mass-roll initiative for everyone.
2) A command to calculate attacks, if the attack succeeds, where the attack will hit, and how much damage the attack will do after the victim's defense is taken into account. This code also spends things like bullets (or other ammo) as required.
3) A command to allow players to apply damage to a location, while taking into account their constitution for damage mitigation.

I don't exactly go out and wander the MU* community at large, but I don't know of many other places right now that have reffed combat support systems, most of them seem to, at best, have calculators to assist or extremely simple systems to avoid the need for calculation.
Sergeytov is offline   Reply With Quote