View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #70
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Yes, that makes sense. In a wrongful death suit, there's a lot of emotional harm done to the family aside from any direct economic consequences.

But what harm was done to the DIKU authors if the allegations against Medievia were proven to be true? I mean, the only offence that seems to hold any water against them is that they don't have the DIKU author credits on the main page. Ok, maybe the DIKU authors suffered minimal emotional ego harm from not having the credits on one of a few hundred DIKU-derived MUDs, but come on. I, for one, am really glad that there IS a barrier to entry in the legal system. I don't want to see people able to sue for truly minor harm and really, I don't care. I know I inflicted WAY more emotional harm on my ex-girlfriend by breaking up with her than Medievia could ever dream of inflicting on the DIKU authors. Yes, I don't know them, but I think it's pretty reasonable to guess that they weren't all broken up about it. I mean, consider how much effort they've expended trying to vilify Medievia and get them banned from sites X, Y, and Z. Oh wait, they haven't.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote