View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
Naren

Naren is on a distinguished road
Ok, I've played the 4 Iron Realms MUDs and I enjoyed the quality of writing, great help files and friendly community.

What I didn't like: Having to join a guild to get access to decent skills. Having to work very hard to find monsters to fight. Long term, not being able to compete with the players who have bought items and skill boosts with vast amounts of real money.

So... what I'm looking for is a MUD based on a system like Diablo II or DnD 3rd edition. By that I mean an insteresting system, with lots of options of how to build your character. Now, I'm not all about hack'n'slash, I do like to roleplay, but I'm also playing a game, and therefore need options and interest. I don't want to be a level 15 electromancer or whatever, and still be fighting Lambs and Cows. I want real monsters, identifiably and morally evil, like goblins, skeletons, lesser demons etc...

I've looked at the websites for Aardwolf and Carrion Fields and lots of top 20 and top 40 muds, and I often see this.
Class Sorcerer
Level 1 dodge, recall, dagger
Level 2 magic missile
Level 3 blah blah blah

Where are the choices? Look at Diablo II, I can build my Barbarian or Assassin a hundred different ways, I'm not restricted to getting this skill at that level.... yawn

Ok, by now you should understand what I want. Please please please help me find my ideal MUD!

Thankyou in advance,
Naren