Thread: pk forum again
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 12:51 PM   #11
Teelf

Teelf is on a distinguished road
I understand there is a stereotype about people who PK.  But I am suprised that so many of you are acting on your stereotypes.

A stereotype, by definition, is an oversimplified conclusion.  This means that there are people who don't fit the PK stereotype.  That there are  intelligent posters like visko and, I hope, myself that enjoy the challenge of PK yet aren't about making juvenile posts.  These are the kind of people who will be posting in the forums.  Those who fit the stereotype will have no motivation to post PK logs or "I am the king of my mud" type posts for exactly the reason that no one outside thier mud cares.  The PK forums would be for ideas that transcend individual muds.  And if some of those posts do happen to find there way in?  That's what a moderator is for.  Do the other moderators allow stupid and pointless posts in thier forums?  Then why would a well chosen PK moderator do that?

As far as dispersing the pk posts throughout the rest of the forums (how it is now), it doesn't work.  It doesn't promote interesting discussions.  They get lost amid the many other forums.  I don't have time to check every forum and every thread to see if it's a thread discussing PK issues.  

Additionally, the line of reasoning that posts could be disseminated throughout other forums could be applied to others.  The dealing with OOC cheating thread in the RP forums? That really could have gone in the administrators forums.  The good vs. evil thread?  That really could have gone in the Tavern forum.  In fact we could just have one forum and let everyone sort though and find posts that interest them.  But that's not the point.  The OP's wanted feedback specifically from the RP community.  Just as I would make a post and want feedback specifically from the PK admin community.  And dividing posts up into different topics is simply a manner of aiding the users of TMS.  

Overall, I am suprised that there is such objection to it.  I'm surprised that people who don't PK reply to this post at all.  I can't see how it negatively affects anyone.
Teelf is offline   Reply With Quote