View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
onelife

onelife is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for MUD (heavy on skills) plus need advice.

Hmm, Materia Magica looks promising, im going trough all the help files and information ot the website...this might be it

On the side note, i signied up for a free 30 day trial on dragonrealms, and so far...well..

I tried Dragonrealms and Gemstone IV. They are very polished and there is many things that i do like. DR is a bit too hard i think, the whole RP play and display type is a bit too much i think (no map - only static city map, auto map etc...or atleast i didnt figure it out how to use one lol, no statistic like hp sp etc, everything is written... well written i must admit) but on the other hand little things like:

Look at map

You see lines and dots, none of this make sense to you.

Turn map
Look at map

Boom, you see map of the city. That was great.
Plus levelless system seems great.

Gemstone is more casual i would say. More quests, less RP. Fancy maps and very good client, you can see every thing. Both games have great combat system as far as i can tell, there is distance(for mele, ranged and magic),you can be wounded, have broken limbs etc. I really like it.
Both of them have live events running all the time, no scripts, live. I guess they have to make it up for those monthly charges

I think i will try both of them for next 30 days, and Materia Magica for some time. Then i will have to make a decision. From what i see Materia Magica might be the one
Unless you have other ideas...im happy to listen (read)

Last edited by onelife : 04-13-2011 at 06:04 PM.
onelife is offline   Reply With Quote