Thread: The Jerk
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 05:37 PM   #5
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
I like to play gross & disgusting orc/troll/ogre warrior/barbarian types.  Now they may not be jerks, per se, but I find other PCs can interpret them as such, when I roleplay their low int/wis stats, or their evil alignments.  This is really their problem, not mine.  It only becomes my problem if it becomes a PK situation, i.e., I'm not going to be hanging around paladins, or elves, etc, but may be inclined to kill them either for racial or religion reasons.  Another reaction I find interesting is when the MUD is supposed to be RP oriented, yet PCs break character in the room.  For example, I had an ogre barbarian who was sitting at the town square, & a few PCs arrived.  One of the PC's, an elf mage, started talking about a R/L movie she had seen. She was using say, not OOC channel, so I started reacting to teach her a lesson.  "MOOOVIES!!, Whut be a mooovie, me not know what you mean?'  She tried to ignore me, but I persisted, " Hey you pointy-eared elvy, WHAT YOU MEAN??!!  Dat mooovie stuff sound like dat hokey pokey stuff you pointy-ears do, & ME NO LIKE IT, SO SHADDDUP OR ME MAKE YOU A WET SPOT ON DA GROUND!!"  She eventually split, muttering about what a jerk I was.  Too bad she wasn't in PK range, or push would have come to shove, & that would be that.  So in that case I was a "jerk", but she had it coming, for not staying IC, & using say for the movie review instead of OOC channel.
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote