View Single Post
Old 06-29-2002, 03:40 PM   #1
Artovil

Artovil is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Artovil
Unhappy

Hello,

I have had a plethora of builders wander through my builder port in the past years, and very few of them have actually made anything worthwhile, sad enough.  I have come to the point where I am seriously considering paying builders to make areas they would otherwise make for free.  My intention is not to buy the rights to the work, the area would still follow common area agreements as discussed in the post regarding Area rights in this forum, or something similar to it.

Since I run this mud for sheer pleasure, and utilize a codebase that prevents me from making any profit, I cannot pay a decent writer's salary, which I hope builders can understand.  I already have enough to shell out when it comes to hosting fees and all the other little things that require attention, time, and effort.  I don't want to make profit, I just want to provide a gaming experience that players will enjoy, and something I can be proud of, something I can say "We made this!" about when people ask about it.

So, basically, my idea was that by doing this the work done by builders will have a slightly higher quality, and both the staff and the builder can feel like they have actually gotten something out of the whole deal.

I am just curious as to what other people say about this idea.  I am sure that others do the same, but what about the price, how much should I pay them, and bear in mind, I have no money to spare, really, but I am on a mission here, and I am going to come through all means necessary.  So, if you have a spare moment, please give some input.

Warm regards,
Torgny
Artovil is offline   Reply With Quote