View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 11:48 PM   #13
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
When I first answered this poll, I answered no.

In thinking about it, I will revise me answer to yes, but with some conditions.

I have no problem paying for a game that I play. I buy them in the store all the time. I've played on EverQuest, I play Warcraft 3, and so on. What I would not pay for is any enhancement or item or service in which my character could gain advantage from, or play on any such game where this was the case for any player.

I fully support the subscription model. You pay a fee just like everyone else does to play the same thing, that's it. If I found somewhere with players whom I could tolerate, and feautres which I enjoyed, and there was a flat across-the-board fee for everyone to play, I'd pay it and play away.

If there was a game which I paid nothing to connect to, paid nothing to continue to connect to, but my success and ability to play could be enhanced with items which were for purchase (but not necessary), I'd quit in a heartbeat. When I play a game I like to play thinking that if one can gain skill and know the system that they can be successful. I have no interest in playing a game in which favor or power can be bought and where the power of the pocketbook can outweigh the power of the mind behind the character.
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote