Old 01-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #288
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye

Just as this resource does not find it necessary in the MUD Info section to differentiate between "PvP Allowed" and "PvP Encouraged" and "PvP Required", etc - it would not be necessary to get as nit-picky as you are saying poses a problem. If a player prefers pay-for-perk systems, and sees a bunch of(let's say) RED color-coded lines representing pay-for-perk MUDs - all of the sudden, he has a narrowed list of which MUDs he may enjoy more, and then can look into the ones of those that seem most appealing. Likewise, a poor college kid who doesn't enjoy some factors of pay-for-perks game sees BLUE color-coded lines representing 100% Free - now he knows better which games he'd be interested in playing.

It would be a useful guide - neither myself, nor Kavir are attempting to say that all information about each MUD should be nit-picked to as ridiculously specific as it can possibly be. However, it would seem that many players in this forum do not consider 'what level of free' a MUD is to be nit-picky.

I understand how IRE is defending its own tooth and nail, here. They are protecting their desire for ambiguity. We're countering by saying that IRE's desire for ambiguity should not overshadow what would be improvement to a resource designed for players looking for a new MUD.

I would be far more interested in hearing from Synozeer, than IRE's staff/players though. I'd sort of like to know what he thinks, after this discussion continues to thrive after [29] pages.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote