View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #283
The_Disciple

The_Disciple is on a distinguished road
If that's so, then you're being purposefully obtuse and obstinate. I wouldn't exactly be proud of that. Frankly, people would prefer to have discussions with the blind idiot.

One of my best friends is a guy who makes a lot of money but doesn't have a lot of free time. When he plays a game, he prefers to buy his way to be competitive with the top players in terms of equipment or what have you. He'd rather spend the money and get right to the top tier of the game than grind or screw around. He prefers to play games where you can do that (either because it's explicitly integrated or because a marketplace of some kind has grown up around the game.)

Conversely, I have another friend who is an PvP game nut. He can't stand the idea that someone might have an advantage on him, player versus player, because of spending money. The last time he tried a pay-for-perks game and found out two days into play, I had to listen to him bitch about it for a week.

What possible reason could there be for a site like this to not want to help each of these guys find the kind of game they prefer more easily?
The_Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote