View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 02:14 PM   #58
John

John is on a distinguished road
Kill their character and they just make a new one and do the same thing again (I've seen this happen).

Going around killing all the NPCs in an unrealistic manner after every reebot is not IC. It's OOC. It'd be like me kicking an elephant to death (something that was only recently made impossible on my mud).

They'll just kill their character and make a new one.

Of course, but that stops them for how long? Until they get let out. And if you cut off an arm, see above on why that doesn't work.

I disagree on the worldview part. Going on NPC rampages is an OOC action, especially if you do it with only NPCs and let PCs live. If you continue making homicidal maniacs every single character, with the docs saying homicidal maniacs aren't more common then in real life, then your eventually getting to the stage where your looking for excuses to be able to go around killing everything in sight.

There is also the problem where laws only exist in cities. So getting thrown in jail won't happen by killing beasts. You can always make laws outside the city, but you have a choice. Change a thematic aspect to stop players doing something, or keep a thematic aspect and just deal with their OOC actions OOCly.
John is offline   Reply With Quote