View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
tofit

tofit is on a distinguished road
How newbie friendly is this game from my experience?

I read this post and decided I was interested in playing. So I signed up an account and was prompted to develop my character. Knowing I was going to be playing a gobbie, I thought out carefully how I was going to roleplay. After an hour of thinking I had a good background and personality for my character.

When you start a character, you must fill out a detailed description of your character. A short description, a long one, then a physcial description, and background info.

Well, my goblin was raised in a small tribe of gobbies that lived in a cave. He didnt like being stuck in the cave much so he spent most of his time in the woods. He hunted for the tribe in exchange for Sour wine and good smoke from the shaman. Since goblins are mostly cave dwelling creatures, being in the sun and under the canopy lightened his dark blue hair. He thinks it might have been the herb he was smokin too.

After you fill out your character info, your application is submitted to the MODs to decide if your character is fit for their world.

Well come to find out my character had to be changed because goblins dont have blue hair. Goblins cant have mohawks. I couldnt have tribal markings such as warpaint.

After tring hard to make something I was proud of and still not getting in the game, my goblin started getting very ****ed off.

Now when I picture goblins, for some reason I think of them like punks. If their hair is thick enough, they would have a mohawk. The problem with the goblins in Lord of the Rings is that they were malnourished. My goblin eats good, lots of rotten fermenting fruit, good cooked meat, nice herbs.
My gobbie doesnt like to eat healthy, he just doesnt know. What he doesn't know is the herb he eats has some of the healthiest seeds inside. He just like how he feels afterwards, its like good mead.

This game was designed for playing strictly within Tolkien's stories according to the people I talked to. What I would like to see is an expansion from what has already been written.
What roleplayers like to see is imagination, we want to see a story grow and evolve.

One thing every roleplayer hates is when someone blocks their roleplaying with something, like a silly rule.
tofit is offline   Reply With Quote