View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 11:50 AM   #9
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Agreed Saph! There are times when major dramatic moments are essential for RP. There are times when short and to the point are essential. And there are times when a combination of the two, or something inbetween are the most appropriate. But to say that short and sweet is "undesireable" in roleplay just doesn't make any sense.

I am VERY wordy when I write posts, as anyone who reads them can attest. My primary character can also be rather wordy, though at times she considers an arched eyebrow in someone's direction much more effective than anything she could possibly say. My secondary character speaks very plainly, and finds a well-placed grunt and a nod does the job more often than not.

I think there's a place for each of these methods of communicating, but using any of them exclusively gives a character too much of a 2-dimensional feeling for my taste. Sometimes, a grin is just a grin, and means nothing more than what it is - an expression of mild amusement. There's no need to make it more than that, and so >Jazuela grins. is the absolute best and most appropriate thing to do.

To say otherwise, that using "socials" (they're called verbs in the game I play - because that's what they are) should take a back seat to emotes, is devaluing simplicity - which can sometimes be more profound than the longest, most intricately detailed emote in the world.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote