View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #21
Disillusionist

Disillusionist will become famous soon enough
Re: Deck Chairs on the Titanic

Well said.
In the end, no matter how much a player contributes, whether it be art, staff-usable documents, testing labor or just the occasional wake-up call, staff may always act arbitrarily, exceedingly ungrateful, or overtly biased toward or against players [insert any unprofessional behavior here], and there really is no other recourse but to leave.

Even this morning, I learned that to retain the most recent two players who were tired of the ineptitude, the head admin bribed them with a public building [storage for the entire playerbase], to be made private and exclusive for their use. While I'm happy for my friends, in that they're finally getting what so many departed players asked for, but were denied, I can't help but see it's 'business as usual' in picking and choosing, and sending wrong-headed messages to the rest of their playerbase. My friends' gain, in this instance, is the playerbase's loss.

12,000 empty rooms does offer quite a variety of such bribes. I can't decide if the shame is that they never thought of it [hard to fathom], or thought of it and rejected the idea of offering such opportunities fairly, but finally realized that being so tight-fisted and territorial over an empty game was....not smart.

But you're absolutely right. In the end, player attendance is what marks the success line, and the failure line. In the end, that's all the power players need. And except for the power to boot up the game, it's all they'll ever need.

Last edited by Disillusionist : 05-17-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Disillusionist is offline   Reply With Quote