View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #66
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

Yes, and it shouldn't be hard for you to understand why. I made general statements about the fact that most of the reviews are of the fanboy or flame variety. I did not name any names. Molly attacked me personally. That is a very significant difference and I shouldn't have to explain it.

No. I have made it clear what I think of the reviews. There is a big difference. I think actual players of MUDs tend to be of above average intelligence, are generally very creative, and are certainly superior (as a group) to the general game or MMO population.

That is another factually incorrect statement since I have actually suggested specific changes that might attract the interest of more players. I have also made clear my belief that catering to players will not accomplish much, and could actually have a negative impact on the developer community that actually DOES use these forums.

I did not attack any posters. That is what... the third patently false thing you have attributed to me in this one post?

Fortunately, every post I have made has been completely civil and professional. Unlike some respondents, I have not attacked anyone personally and I have not lied about things other people have posted. This even includes my reply to your brazen flurry of attacks directed at me. Apparently your definition of "civil" and "professional" is "a post that agrees with KaVir's opinion."

I have no idea what you are reading, but I have not lost my temper here. That is just a silly and (yet again) false accusation.

Since we all make text games, I do not think it is too much for me to expect that people actually READ the posts they are responding to and avoid attributing things to posters that they never wrote.

This thread is a great example of the real reason these forums are not very active. I posted some opinions, and because other people disagree, they have to savage me personally, lie about the things I posted, and then accuse me of being unprofessional, uncivil, and of losing my temper.

No wonder people don't want to post here. God forbid you have a different opinion than KaVir.

Last edited by Threshold : 08-01-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote