View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 03:45 AM   #154
Qzzrbl

Home MUD: #1 Armageddon
Home MUD: #2 Atonement
Qzzrbl is on a distinguished road
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

TIME FOR QZZRBL'S FAILED-THREAD PLAY-BY-PLAY!

On page two, I see the discussion slowly start careening off the dusty trail.... It goes from NW Praising other folks for updates on projects and whatnot, then Silvarilon makes a post that touches on why RPI Veterans may be leaving, and then NW brings the discussion to soft fiction.

A few posts goes on about soft fiction and magic etc., etc. (Which isn't really at all close the question posed in the OP.

And then DonathinFrye plugs his mud Atonement.

And then NW apologizes about the derail.

And then the derail -continues- about magical messengers.

And then DonathinFrye plugs Atonement again.

And then Fifi touches on why RPI veterans may leaving. (POSSIBLY ON TOPIC AGAIN?!)

A couple of more posts not really worth mentioning.

And the Jackal made his post. (which was the -only- post he made.... NW did his fair share of running with the topic.)

And then NW quoted Jackal's post, saying that hunger code (a bit of a staple to many RPI players) is lame.

And then NW continued to say stuff about how on NWA they have OOC channels that you can block out, etc., etc., etc., product placement, etc.

By all appearances, NW seems to be agreeing with Jackal's big derailing post.

Then Threshold pipes in with stuff about OOC channels.

Prof posts some stuff that wasn't a complete and total derail.

Then NW quotes Threshold, continuing on with crap about OOC channels.

Then Vanliew posts something.... I'm still not sure what the point of that post was.

And then DonathinFrye replies to Prof, throwing in another plug for Atonement in his reply.

Then Oliver pokes his head in and says he'll give Atonement a try. (I guess shameless advertising works every now and then).

Delerak gives his opinion on why Veterans may be leaving RPIs.

NW replies to Delerak, thinly veiling an advert for NWA.

Then DonathinFrye posts, saying more stuff about OOC channels.

Then NW replies to DonathinFrye's post, doing absolutely nothing whatsoever to get the thread back on track and going on more about OOC channels.

Then DonathinFrye defends RPI players, stating that many will go to great lengths to preserve their immersion in the game.

Then Parhelion posts, agreeing with DonathinFrye, and saying more stuff about OOC channels.

Then Threshold posts more about OOC channels.

Then NW defends OOC channels some more.

Then Jazuela says more stuff about OOC channels.

Parhelion-- more OOC channel stuff.

Threshold. OOC channel stuff.

Threshold. MORE OOC channel stuff.

Sombalance. OOC channel stuff.

NW, more OOC channel stuff. Doing -absolutely nothing whatsoever- to get the discussion back on topic.

NW then asks why the discussion always turns to RPI players try to defend their guidelines. (probably because RPI players are the minority in the MUD community, and many folks give them a hard time about silly stuff)

Then Parhelion posts, which can be summarized with this quote. "Threshold, I think you're letting you're success as an admin go to your head here, because your response REEKS of "I'm right because I say so."

Jazuela thanks Parhelion.

Prof posts, bringing up my exact point.

Sombalance makes a post that had no impact on anything.

Prof makes a typically long-winded post that was tl;dr.

Some more stuff, some more stuff, some more stuff.

NW makes a post that makes alot of RPI players look like a bunch of snobby asshats. (Good move, for a thread you started for RPI veterans.)

Milawe posts. Nothing terribly important.

Fifi makes a good point in a reply to NW. "You're not really a big fan of RPI's are you? Did it really not occurr to you that soliciting opinions with people who left because they were unhappy was slanted to show RPI's in the worst possible light?"

Getting tired, going to highlight only relevant posts from here on.

NW makes a post saying he's not a fan of the term RPI. Which oddly enough, he made this thread for RPI players to discuss RPI stuff. And then NW spouts some self-righteous bull**** about how he recommends RPI muds to some folks.

Then NW throws up some more advertisement, stating that his playerbase is growing.

Then NW stretches his epeen and tries to make it sound like this: "I post alot here, about every other day. So my opinion matters more."

And then NW goes on to say he wants discussion, not negative innuendo. (Which.... Just read back. He's spouted plenty of that himself.)

Honestly, I don't want to keep doing this.

So I'll stop here.

But I -will- touch on my own post. Which, it certainly wasn't on-topic, but the thread had degenerated so much, that doesn't even matter. And it's -very- possible to think something's superior without looking down on everything else.

Kinda like Dr. Pepper and Dr. K.

Sure. Dr. Pepper is better, but I'll drink the **** out of Dr. K if it's on sale.

Oh, and here's a summary of just -your- posts, NW.

Check it out!

Doesn't make you look too good. I'm not flaming. I'm not trolling, I'm just letting you know. Because you seem to be entirely oblivious to it.

NEWWORLDS' POST SUMMARIES!

And then NW apologizes about the derail.

And then NW quoted Jackal's post, saying that hunger code (a bit of a staple to many RPI players) is lame.

And then NW continued to say stuff about how on NWA they have OOC channels that you can block out, etc., etc., etc., product placement, etc.

By all appearances, NW seems to be agreeing with Jackal's big derailing post.

Then NW quotes Threshold, continuing on with crap about OOC channels.

NW replies to Delerak, thinly veiling an advert for NWA.

Then NW replies to DonathinFrye's post, doing absolutely nothing whatsoever to get the thread back on track and going on more about OOC channels.

Then NW defends OOC channels some more.

NW, more OOC channel stuff. Doing -absolutely nothing whatsoever- to get the discussion back on topic.

NW then asks why the discussion always turns to RPI players try to defend their guidelines. (probably because RPI players are the minority in the MUD community, and many folks give them a hard time about silly stuff)

NW makes a post that makes alot of RPI players look like a bunch of snobby asshats. (Good move, for a thread you started for RPI veterans.)

NW makes a post saying he's not a fan of the term RPI. Which oddly enough, he made this thread for RPI players to discuss RPI stuff. And then NW spouts some self-righteous bull**** about how he recommends RPI muds to some folks.

Then NW throws up some more advertisement, stating that his playerbase is growing.

Then NW stretches his epeen and tries to make it sound like this: "I post alot here, about every other day. So my opinion matters more."

And then NW goes on to say he wants discussion, not negative innuendo. (Which.... Just read back. He's spouted plenty of that himself.)
Qzzrbl is offline   Reply With Quote