Thread: Types of Mu*
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Types of Mu*

I was a builder on Will's moo-deriv for a few years. I was also a builder on a couple of Dikus, an LP, an LP-esque custom hybrid weirdness thing. Out of all, from a builder's standpoint, the MOO was the easiest, hands-down, to work with. It was the most fun to work with, it was the FASTEST to work with.

It had its moments of danger - I mistakenly used the wrong parent object to clone a child object, and got one of the Admins stuck in a room that wasn't a room, and therefore we couldn't make exits to get him out of it, and deleting the object would've deleted the Admin. I can't remember what it was that we did to fix that, but when it was done, he re-set MY parent link to a chair, and sat on me. And since I was no longer an NPC/PC/MOB, but instead, a sittable chair object, I couldn't talk, look, or report up to whine, or interact with the game in any way at all until he switched me back to being a mob again.

Fun times

Thinking back, I want to say we @moved the admin to an actual room and then reparented the object to its correct parent. The @ was exclusively a staff symbol though. @create, @dig, @adj, @move, etc... anyone else who tried using it would get a generic "I don't know what you're trying to do" or "What?" message.

Last edited by Jazuela : 07-13-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote