Thread: Got logs?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 11:50 PM   #3
Alysandra

Alysandra is on a distinguished road
Tarmon Gaidon is a mud based on Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series. or telnet tarmongaidon.org 5000 to play.

This scene takes place between my Aes Sedai character (magic user type for those of you unfamiliar with the Wheel of Time) and my warder (protector) just before we come across a band of Trollocs.

Giving Blaze a nudge with the heel of her boot, Alysandra starts down the street which will lead to another finally arriving at the eastern gate of the town. Despite the brisk early morning air the hood of her cloak is flung back onto her shoulders.

Aranel's face is set as he follows just off to your right side, his fancloth cloak tossed over his shoulder causing parts of his back and arms to seemingly disappear. Clucking softly to Cab he keeps pace easily, his eyes traveling along the streets nodding at what he sees.

Alysandra keeps her horse at a fast walk through the nearly empty streets arriving at the gate fairly quickly. Drawing to a halt she waits for the guardsman on duty to come out and open the gate for them.

Keeping a tight rein on his steed, Aranel gives the guardsman a nod as his eyes widen and he stammers softly, "Light keep you Aes Sedai." Barely pausing to return Aranel's nod he calls out and a second guard bows quickly on his way to open the heavy oaken gate. Both guardsmen stand back respectfully as you ride out and with a gruff, "Peace favor your swords." Aranel follows quickly.

Alysandra gives the men a gracious nod and murmurs, "Light's blessing on you both." as she rides through the gate. She nudges her heels into her mare's side and even as her pace picks up she hears the closing of the town gates behind her.

Aranel inhales deeply as he catches up to you, "There is nothing like the road in the morn." He chuckles, "And the Border is distinct in it's scent as well." He grins briefly glancing at you before sobering and returning his attention to the road.

Alysandra nods slightly. "We will keep to a trot until it is a bit lighter. No sense in laming the horses." she says though there is a hint of impatience in her voice now that she is back on the road again. "I do not have the Foretelling, but that does not prevent me from thinking the sooner we are to Shienar the better for Esteya and Guilla."

Aranel nods patting Cab's neck absently his eyes scanning the fields to either side, "Truly we would be better to push on a bit quicker now." He motions to the road, "If my memory will serve me this road drives north then east bringing us closer to the Blight border. Though the trees are stunted 'tis more likely to hide Shadowspawn than here." He shrugs slightly waiting your decision.

Alysandra frowns slightly. "We will have to risk it then. I can heal near anything on our mounts but it would be good as lighting a bonfire for what lies over the border." she says. "Light willing they will not falter." she says as she brings her horse from trot to canter and begins easing into a gallop.

Following your lead, Aranel kicks his mount to a gallop. Coming along next to you he glances over giving Cab his head, "They have been well trained, I am sure we will be fine." He turns his attention back to the road and roadsides, his cloak trailing behind him.

Alysandra nods slightly, her concentration on guiding her mount on the still dark road. She rides low to the saddle for speed and greater comfort.

Aranel travels in silence, the sound of the horses’ hooves the only sound on the road. As time goes on and the town is left behind, the sun begins to peek from the eastern horizon and the sound of birds fills the air.

Alysandra rounds the bend as the road curves east quickly, aided by the dawning light. All around stunted trees line the road, now and again stumps left from where they have been chopped down or a scarred, split trunk attesting to the coldness of a borderland winter.

Aranel glances side to side then calls over softly, "Let us slow for a bit, let the horses breath." He fits his words slowing his horse to a canter. Standing up in his stirrups he takes a look around before sitting nodding slowly. "We have made good time this morning."

Alysandra nods, slowing her horse likewise into an easy canter. She gives the horse a light pat on its neck. "They are long winded, but the rest will do them good. I think we will be able to stop to pick up luncheon, but I do not wish to break our journey for long at noon. A quarter of a candlemark or so."

Aranel nods smiling slightly, "That is more than I expected, welcome though." His eyes never stop roving the sides of the road and after a moment he retrieves a canteen hanging from his saddlebags, riding close to you he leans offers it.

Alysandra takes the canteen and raises it to her lips, tilting her head back slightly to drink before returning it to you. "By lunchtime our mounts will do better for even a short rest and water. Not too much since we have a great deal more riding to do today." Though she continues to hold to a canter there is a decided impatience about her.

Taking the canteen back Aranel swishes some water in his mouth before spitting it to the side. He simply nods as he recaps the canteen and stows it back in it's place. Glancing side to side his brow furrows slightly, "Have you noticed the birds have quieted?" His hands grip the reins and he adds, "Could be our travel through of course.." He trails off.

[Bond] Senior Warder Aranel: *focus nervous energy*

[Bond] Aes Sedai [Yellow Ajah] Alysandra: annoyance impatience

Alysandra frowns. "It could be our passage I suppose. Still no need to sit around, the faster we are gone from this wood lined road the better I will like it." she says before easing her horse back to a full gallop.
Alysandra is offline   Reply With Quote