Thread: Gay rights?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 02:19 PM   #109
Lanthum

Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
I'm too tired to respond to the rest of your post ... but I will say this quickly. I have read many items from several of the founding fathers. It is a deep interest of mine. And I can tell you that for every google entry I find saying that the founding fathers weren't religious - I find one saying they were. That's one reason I started reading their own writings - I was sick of conflicting webpages.

I can tell you that from what I've read, only 2 ever stated what religious belief they followed. Some of the founding fathers weren't professed Christians. And I never said they were. What they were, were people who believed - or at least spoke, wrote, and acted like - they believed in God. It's just too apparent in the wording they chose - "Creator", "Inalienable rights", "truths", "God", "Supreme judge of the world", etc.

Again - you never CAN tell what is in someone heart - you can only go by their actions. And as I wasn't alive then (and I don't think anyone else was), I think all we can go on is what they wrote, and what others wrote about them.
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote