Thread: Gay rights?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 03:12 PM   #102
Kopribear

Kopribear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kopribear Send a message via MSN to Kopribear Send a message via Yahoo to Kopribear
Excuse me, Spoke, but it seems that my statements have been misread. I didn't mean that any of the arguments (aside from the extremist one, which wasn't exactly an argument but more of a vicious statement of opinion) were invalid or untrue. My point in asking someone to come up with an anti-gay rights argument without incorporating religion was to challenge the people who -are- using the Bible and the word of their God as their sole foundation of argument to help me understand how it's even legal to legislate in such a way. I apologize if I offended or disrespected anyone by making such a challenge... it wasn't my intent. It's simply that all of the religious arguments are not only not supporting the legality of the issue... they're becoming redundant.

Now, the problem with talking about all government using morality as a foundation is, though it's true, where do you draw the line? How can we have both separation of church and state -and- religion dictating who gets what rights? So either separate church from state in legislation, or don't and stop saying we do.

Also, I believe I already apologized for the vagueness of my original question, I was in a hurry in making the poll and didn't take time or care in forming my question properly.

Thank you for your corrections, however, and I will keep them in mind when next faced with a similar situation.
Kopribear is offline   Reply With Quote