View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 08:46 PM   #1
Fharron

Fharron is on a distinguished road
While other web sites are being hauled over the coals, many would say unjustly, should we spare TMC the same critical debate regarding service to its customers.

I have noticed in recent days a shoddy adjustment to The Mud Connector site, along with a few other minor ones. Whereby the alphabetical listings are now subject to [hosted by wolfpaw] prefixes for wolfpaw games, and the [featured listing] prefixes for games provided by Iron Realms Entertainment.

Curiously enough the new form of exposure seems to be limited to games hosted by wolfpaw, and provided by Iron Realms Entertainment?

Is this a new advertising option on TMC, and if so why isn’t it included on their advertising sales page?

If it isn’t, and featured listing simply means having purchased a banner, why aren’t other banner subscribers given the same visual exposure?    

Considering that such titles, especially the featured listing, are prominent at the top of numerous pages, and take up almost the same space as a banner, I would be screaming from the rooftops if I had bought a banner run with TMC. The case being that the impact of my banner was being detracted from by such garish displays of promotion, especially since my banner run was already restricted, in part, to pages of this type.

Surely the offering of new advertising services, of limited accessibility, that impact so heavily on banner attraction and thereby worth is a serious cause for customer dissatisfaction.

By the way did I point out that it makes the entire site look awful and amateurish, almost as if someone had daubed all over the carefully constructed design with a pack of child’s crayons. Considering the multiplicity of dead links upon the site, the static feature pages (MOM, Daedalian Musing), and now the usurping of clear alphabetical lists, it is probably only the forums that are still drawing a crowd. Surely TMC have a responsibility to all paying advertisers to maintain and perhaps improve on the once great quality of the site, and not initiate new directives based on the self-serving requirements of a few select patrons.

I would have posted on TMC, but since The Logos is keen to consider customer care on websites and party to this new amendment, and he posts here frequently and rarely on TMC, I posted here.

PS
Still remembers those gloriously peaceful, and all too short days, without The Logos (when he left the forums supposedly never to return)
Fharron is offline   Reply With Quote