View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
eax

eax is on a distinguished road
Re: How can I find a mud better than 3kindoms?

The playerkilling aspect will be something new, but yes the mud sounds extremely interesting. Questing is something I enjoy although sometimes it can be frustrating if Im looking in the wrong area because of my own preconcived ideas, however most are very fun

I have alot of mileage still with three kingdoms but I will definatly make a point of checking Arctic. As someone who is always reading about muds, on and off for the last 3 or so years I have noticed that the top ranked muds have not changed much and this is just an observation, not meant as troll bate but I am putting less stock in the rankings as I have found muds like you have described , not necessarly top ranked to be high quality which is why I ask people does you mud have x,y and z as I have tried many of the top 5 ranked ones many times over.

It sounds like your has some similarities to 3kingdoms orr vica versa (Definately not a bad thing) plus some twists of its own, also like the sound of the clan thing.

In regards to PvP I must ask is it possible that veteran players can camp vital newbie areas and repeatedly kill the same person to stop them getting access and for amusement? Also is PvP done in a reasoned way e.g for RP puposes plus a case of "My clan/faction" is at war with "another/clan faction" or is it more like total anarchy?

Thanks very much for your reply!

Also in relation to P2P I can totally respect the fact that you have to have the odd funds drive but you seem to do it on the same concept that is done for the game dwarf fortress and that game does well with donations because it rocks and everyone wants to see it stay. I actually read earlier today someone with the same P2P stance as I have and some of these muds the only way to be the best you can be is through regular money , like already mentioned though if someone were to say taking voluntary donations to help with server costs I would definatly donate when I could if I was a regular in game. (Great to know end game is not a case of battle of the wallets )

Last edited by eax : 05-20-2009 at 01:10 PM.
eax is offline   Reply With Quote