View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #30
GickerLDS

GickerLDS is on a distinguished road
Re: Stay away from Star Wars Revenge of the Jedi MUD

I'm a little late to the party, but was waiting for my user to be approved here. I found this thread when doing a search for star wars muds, to see if our own mud web site was being ranked or not.

I'm not going to comment on whether what you say is true about Marky or not, except to say that I don't think it's unreasonable to assume you are being truthful, especially seeing Marky's response and comparing it to behavior of other problem Admins I've known over almost two decades of mudding.

Regardless of what the truth is, you're obviously not happy at RotJ. That's why I want to post.

About a month and a half ago I started a new Star Wars MUD using my d20 MUD code base that I had previously used and developed for 7 years prior. I've been giving almost my full attention to the new Star Wars version, and the project is really taking off. We have a small playerbase peaking around 7-8 people online a couple of times a day, and everyone gets along really well. We are currently running a player survey, and so far 9 people have responded. I exported the results so you could take a look . We had some questions about our community. The main ones I want to bring to light are how players treat other players ooc, and how staff treat players. Both scored an average score of 4.71 out of 5, with no answer below 4.

The MUD builds upon 7 years of development on the d20MUD code base. If you played the Bioware KotoR games, you will notice a similar feel to the character progression system. There are feats, skills, force powers, class feats and talents, and a menu based levelling system so everything is always in front of you.

We have an account system with unlockable rewards from role playing, pvping or helping out lower level players, wherein you can unlock advanced classes, races and other goodies for your entire account by doing the above mentioned things.

We have a role play rewards system that is automated, wherein you can level up just by role playing, as well as unlock bonuses for that character to exp gains, gold gains, and some other types of point gains.

We have a taxi and shuttle system for moving about the galaxy, with phase I of our space system coming in the next week or two. The space system will not be a clone of SWR systems, and will include NPC combat, just like ground combat, wherein you can get loot for your ship and level up your character in space instead of on the ground. Piloting is a skill that any class can have, not a class in and of itself.

We have 6 basic classes, force adept, squad leader, scoundrel, scout, soldier and trader. A pretty good crafting system that allows for the creation of items with custom stats and descriptions. We have multiclassing so you can spread out your levels among different classes if you want, maximum of 3 classes per character. We have 30 levels with continued progression at level 30.

Even though we've only been open for about 6 weeks now, we're probably more feature rich, code wise, than most other muds out there period. Our world is small, but growing, with a new zone coming in almost every week.

If you're still looking for a new MUD to play, it's worth stopping by and giving us a try. We are busiest player base wise in late afternoon and early to mid evening. As late evening rolls around people tend to start logging off.

The web site is and the connection info starwars.d20mud.com port 6000.

I am known as Gicker on the MUD and am the Owner and lead developer. We'd love to have you and your friends join us. Either way, take care, and good luck in your endeavours.

All the best,

Gicker
GickerLDS is offline   Reply With Quote