View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 02:48 PM   #10
Adarkts

Adarkts is on a distinguished road
Being a completely impartial observer ( I do not know either party involved and really could not care less about the squable, but reading the boards here help pass the time..), I have to ask the question of What exactly is the problem here? It does not appear to be simply "he copied my site".

Xorith,
First, it was not a "site", but instead a single page.

Second, unless you were the author of the post, (which you already stated that you are not) the only copyright violation (which I assume is what you are claiming) might be the use of your logo and advertising banner on the page.

Third, I would have to agree this tends to appear to be satire that is allowed under fair-use. Your claim of free speach coupled with the removal of personally offensive posts is contradictory. I was offended by the vulgar language in the post, but your posts contain vulgar language also so you cannot claim that as a cause to remove.

Fourth, I went to the ICEMAN site and looked for a link to the archive. I could not find one, but perhaps I did not search long enough. How did you come upon the location?

I am addressing all this to you, not as a flame, but as the original complainant. You started the thread and asked for responses. Just drop the issue and ignore the whole matter. Until this post came along, I did not even know about EITHER of you and your projects.

Kris of ICEMAN,
As a gesture of good will to the MUDding community and to Xorith, perhaps you could move the page to another location and remove the Kenetix logo?

To all,
Remember, games will come and go, websites will come and go, but the real outside world is permanent. Live life in the real world, and only play in the virtual world.
Adarkts is offline   Reply With Quote