View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 10:21 AM   #6
AnnOnimous

AnnOnimous is on a distinguished road
First a round of applause for the two previous posts.

And now for something completely different... or maybe not.

An undisclosed amount of annoying things about rp.

-says'n'socials... oh, alright, using say every now and then... i can live with that, but socials?! for rp purpouses?! When that's ALL you're using to show what you're doing?! NOOOOOOOO!!! That's what emotes are for!

-oneliners... Ok, so you can't spit out a two line emote or say something witty ALL the time, but if you can't do more than smile and say that you agree and the other person is spitting out three, four, even five line emotes without taking forever, (which kinda hints on the next one of these) it's a bit unbalanced.

-can'ttypers... Everyone makes typos from time to time, and not everyone can type more than 20 words per minute, but if you're one of those poor sots who can't type more than five words a minute... there's plenty of typing software out there where you can learn to type and learn to bring your speed up, because if it takes more than a minute to type two lines, there's something wrong, and more so if it's got 10 typos in it.

-linecutters... Remember in elementary school when you had to stand in line for things, and you got in trouble for cutting in the line? TAKE YOUR TURN! Fit all you can think of into your emote, let the other people who are rping with you take their turn, THEN REACT TO WHAT THEY DID! Wow, novel concept, this taking your turn idea... why didn't they teach this in kindergarten?

Anyway, there's my pet peeves when it comes to rp, i know there's more, but those are the main ones. As for what I like to see in rp...

I like seeing anything done well, street rat, noble, what have you, but I'm not going to infringe on Sapphar's post, which expresses most if not all of the things that I enjoy seeing.
AnnOnimous is offline   Reply With Quote