View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #14
Bogre

Bogre is on a distinguished road
Re: I'm looking for a new home; RP enforced

I'm going to just point out that Armageddon is -not- all about playerkilling. One of the richest things about it is trying to keep other characters alive and healthy in a dangerous environment. Just because there's permanent death doesn't mean its a kill-on-sight mud. NPCs, rather than PCs, do the majority of ending your lives! There are assassinations and battles, muggings and raids, poisonings and executions, but that only scratches the surface of the things to do.

If you're interested in a less-harsh environment, I'd point out Parallel RPI (science-fiction themed) and Harshlands, although I never used to like Harshlands because it's huge and they seemed to have maybe 3 characters on at any time. I believe it's picked up since Shadows of Isildur and Parallel are low.

And if you're really into less-permadeath, the RP-for-XP muds like Inquisition or Dark Isles would be good. Those allow your character to grow with RP and playing, rather than the RPI's which are generally skill-for-practice. I personally liked it more coded with simpler combat.
Bogre is offline   Reply With Quote