View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #8
Rathik

Rathik is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rathik
I think there is only a demand for so many mud listing sites..when the number of sites exceeds the demand, then you are going to have to get creative and do something better or different than what the dozens of other mud listing sites are doing. From my player's perspective, your site doesn't have anything to offer that I can't find better at TMS or TMC. Things like the ability to search for MUDs by different criteria (alphabetically, RP or not, PK or not, etc.) Otherwise it's like playing Russian Roulette with my time by picking random muds that likely will not be my cup of tea. I can give you several ideas that you may or may not want to use if you want to pm/email me.

Anyway, don't give up. It's only been three weeks, and personally I would check weekly stats for up to 6, 9, 12 months to see how you do in visitors.

Word-of-mouth is usually the best advertising, but to start off with, it will mostly be your mouth. Share with your friends, post in mud forums, even webmaster forums ("how can I improve my website" "how can I increase traffic" etc) will help get traffic, and likely you will get several that may bookmark it.

If you are looking to add listings, why not contact muds directly by email? Most mud admins will realize that any free advertising helps their mud, so it's a win-win situation.
Rathik is offline   Reply With Quote