View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 11:23 AM   #3
Xorith

Xorith is on a distinguished road
Ntanel, that comment probably should've been served privately. As an outsider, I saw it as nothing more than you snipping at an 'affiliate', as if you hold more power than he. In essence, you came off more power hungry than a politician.

As I said, I admire the attempt at making a community run network, but they have failed in the past because ONE person has too much power somewhere. Let it be someone who runs the website, or someone who runs a few hubs. Someone gets to the point where they are controlling, and they have power.

Instead of using the mask of a 'community run network', why not instead say a 'network cared for by someone impartial and responsible'. I'm not here to put down anyone. I'm here to make a point.

I've thought of starting up a network of my own, based on the ideals I see fit in a network... but I don't see what good it would do to further fragment the community. So now you're starting up a network while we already have atleast two I can think of. If your new network is a success, then I congratulate you. If it only brings further fragmentation, then shame on you.

-- X
Xorith is offline   Reply With Quote