View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Games that already have everyone they want

I'm not sure that I agree that a newbie needs to be highly visible or have to be anything other than themselves in the right environment. Many, many games always get that "we've been here forever" clique that gets set in their ways, but a good game will always be looking for new blood because that's a chance to do something new... even if it only lasts a few hours and that character is never seen again.

It's tough to go into a new game and then have to feel like you need to make yourself stand out to get noticed or even acknowledged. I would also not prefer to do this since it would probably make me act out of character, so I don't think I'd encourage that. If you naturally steal the scene, though, that's awesome!

Seriously, though, there's games that are filled with people who are AFK or barely paying attention or not that interested in playing with new people, but I fully believe that every game has players who are interested in newbies. The real quest might simply be finding those particular people and forget the rest!
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote