View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 11:28 AM   #3
Lyalae

Lyalae is on a distinguished road
Re: Searching for a new mud.. Help

What turned me off of Arm was similar to what happened on other muds, created and due to awkwardness of attempting to learn the different emoting system/finding different locations (which I failed to do), logging in at all hours due to not working and all. I again found myself watching speed walkers for the most part or being told that if I wanted help to join a clan (which I wasn't ready to do due to the learning process). I couldn't even get help locating places in the game, just kept getting told to go hang out at the tavern. A few days of lurking around the tavern, rping solo and/or even going out to look on my own (attempting to engage who I could randomly, I think I attempted to engage a couple of NPC's) yielded me nothing. It's quite possible that due to me playing the starter characters I do first time through is the problem. I hate appearing like an idiot in muds, which is why when I start a new mud the char's I choose to play are either very awkward and shy toward other people or are a mute just so that I don't say something stupid and get labelled. I very huge on the newbie help front, I like having random people checking in from time to time to make sure things are going ok or to help.
Lyalae is offline   Reply With Quote