Thread: MUDtionary
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2002, 12:43 AM   #2
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
From the glossary in my newbie guide (still in progress)...

Ac- armor class, used to determine how well protected your character is, negative ac being better
Admin- the administrators of the mud
Channel- a method of communication, i.e. gossip, question, answer, auction
Char- short for character; character refers to your ic persona in the game; also used to refer to any player or mob
Desc- short for description; what players see when they look at you
Dr- damage roll, determines how much damage your character does when he/she hits
Eq- short for equipment; displays the equipment your character is currently wearing
Exp- experience points; you gain exp from killing mobs and from improving skills
Hp- hit points, used to determine the health of your character
Hr- hitroll, determines how often your chracter hits
Ic- in character, i.e. anything pertaining to what your character would do/say/know
Imm- an immortal in the game, a member of the staff
Mob- a mobile, npc, or non-player character; any character not controlled by a player
Mp- mana points, used to cast spells
Mv- movement points, used to walk from room to room; certain room types, such as roads, will use up more mv
Ooc- out of character, i.e. anything pertaining to something your character would not know; levels, exp, hp, stats, etc. are all ooc
Spam- to repeat the same command over and over again, or to cause a massive amount of text to scroll by, usually to annoy other players; spam is bad
Stats- Str, Int, Wis, Dex, Con, Cha; stats also sometimes refer to hp, mana, mv, hr/dr, and ac
Tank- to attack a mob first, thereby taking the hits from it, usually while others help attack
Tnl- the total amount of exp you need to gain to reach the next level
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote