Thread: Mud Addiction
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 10:31 PM   #5
Singer

Singer is on a distinguished road
While, in a way a little sad way to look at RL friends, I almost wish the internet was in existance and I had access to mud games when I was a teenager.

My real contact with the internet was with gopher during my hmm 16-17th year? And the www and html protocol was a bit of a dream.

Still, a small wake-up call is that most, and I say most virtual friends are the equivalent of a one-night-stand compared to real life friends and a real girlfriend/boyfriend. Virtual friends are casual, false and exists in most cases only because of people being lonely and conviniant.

And if you are wrong about someone (and you will be since you can't look them in the face when they are writing) they are going to hurt you - a lot. Since you thought there was a friendship, and there wasn't.

My childhood was #### in a handbasket, and after that it takes years or even decades for me to trust people in real life. It has paid off, the few real friends I have is to die for.

But in the digital world, it is so different. Perhaps the *squirms* younger generation doesn't feel the same difference between RL relationships and Virtual ones.
Singer is offline   Reply With Quote