View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #9
BrettH

BrettH is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for an RPI, where the 'I' stands for "Immersive"

My impression from reading the OP was, I think, not quite as literal but that may be my mistake.

It seemed to me that it was more of an (overstated) expression of desire for interaction, storyline responsiveness/consequence regardless if the character is the usual type that gets storyline attention - especially while trying not to be a character that kills everything that moves. I think this is a fair desire and one that I hear often.

However, the sticking point to me is if this is the case, then the player is going to have to accept the death of their character as a possible consequence. Without this fear, there is no 'running for [my] life' from a dark god, I guarantee. That's when you get people just thumbing their noses at the Powers that Be.

I think the OP just needs to re-evaluate what they're looking for and perhaps reword the request. If, in fact, they want a crazy imp that farts in the face of gods and will get massive game/staff response for solo actions done in the dark of the wood, while wanting immersion but no ultimate consequence, that IS a problem. Well, it might not be if they join a very small, tight knit MUSH, where whenever even one person is in the game, the GMs are of their every move and can tailor the game experience to said person.

But if the OP really just was trying to illustrate a desire to have more interaction and story possiblities despite not having a warlord character that lives next door to the NPC ruler, there's larger MUDs that might be able to help.

I'd be curious to see a new post from the OP explaining the stance a bit better.

Last edited by BrettH : 03-10-2008 at 12:15 PM.
BrettH is offline   Reply With Quote