View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #4
Kastagaar

Kastagaar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kastagaar
In defense of GoDaddy (erk), ignoring spam complaints can be very costly, with some blocklists' policies being to block regions of IPs instead of singular spamming IPs*, and so it's often a better policy to have a knee-jerk about this.

Additionally, the rasfw charter doesn't explicitly allow advertising - but then, nor does it explicitly disallow it. I think, however, that the default these days is definitely "do not advertise".

That said, it's moderated, and if the moderator allowed (and has a history of allowing) said post, then it's kosher in my view.

Which leads me to the conclusion:

GoDaddy's customer support sucked rotten eggs through a pair of old socks but, as I read it, their suspension and reactivation policies are downright extortion. After reading this, especially from a regular as respected as Brody, I'm not going anywhere near them, and I will advise anyone else I meet not to, as well. That's just seriously bad.

*and rightly so - a particularly devious host could go "oops, swapped this blocked customer's IP with a previously unblocked customer's IP and whoops again! Innocent customer singled out by spam list. Bad blocklist! Evil blocklist!

Yes, this has happened. Lots.
Kastagaar is offline   Reply With Quote