Thread: New home city
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2003, 02:17 AM   #1
Aangel

Aangel is on a distinguished road
***DISCLAIMER***
This post may get a little long.

I am in the process of building a new home city for my MUD. The ideas and concepts go along with the story line which meshes with the deities and other possible areas. The basic lay out of the city is loosely based on our 5 base classes. There is a section of the city for each. Each will have shops and equipment available for each of the classes as well as things that may be of interest for those classes. Each section also has certain elements that will be of interest to everyone. Like in Rogue Square there will be a 'bath house' and a tavern that will lead to the PK section of the city. In the tavern I plan on setting up a bar fight. This will be the most challenging part of the entire city I think.

Also in the city there will be 'gates'. These gates would require certain things be true, like it has to be a certain time of the day and you have to have this that and the other in your inventory. If these conditions are true you will be transfered to some other worldly type of area like Heaven or something like that. I think this will be great.

We are going to play the new city up as a cataclysmic earth quake that sinks the current city (which is currently on top of the destroyed Dark Haven). This also gives our builders the opportunity to reshape the world, explain the sudden rise of continents and kind of explain the change in classes.

Eventually I can see the government going corrupt and having factions teaming up against the government. This goes along with our eventual goal of having seperate governments all over. We definitely have alot of ideas.

Wow, reading over this post it doesn't come close to explaining the really cool things I have planned for it. My question is what do you guys think? And how would you script out the bar fight? And is there anything I can explain more?

Aangel
Ethereal Gates
Aangel is offline   Reply With Quote