View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
Odd Raven

Home MUD: Arantha
Odd Raven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Odd Raven
Re: Encouraging Roleplaying

We would love to have you come give us a look. I always enjoy seeing new players. Bear with us in our time of construction! As for that one thing, I agree--always make sure you're unique in your ideas, though! One of the major companies in muds draws a little bit of ire from me due to their copy-format on their different muds. They're. So. Similar.

I can understand that. Arantha is always in a very versatile stage, changing and evolving into something new and more awesome. We always endeavor to get players involved in roleplay, if it's something little or something huge. In every MUD I've played, I encourage players to roleplay in little ways--it leads to roleplay in a big way.

I think it is imperative to let the playerbase do what -they- want to do, but if you specifically want roleplay, give them what they need for it. Keep your area in-character (No silly or outlandish signs, OOC mobs, so on) and make sure they're allowed to pick. If they want to bash for ten hours, good for their endurance for mind-numbing behavior. Spring a boss on them or something and get them to roleplay out some big bad guy dialogue or whatever. The big thing with roleplay is that -everyone- does it differently.

As always, good luck!
Odd Raven is offline   Reply With Quote