View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:32 AM   #11
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Re: Do You Play Your Mud ..

With the exception of total "twink" muds - (which luckily aren't as common now as they used to be) - I actually think most admin play their muds as "normal" chars, without any extra gear or tweaked stats. If nothing else just to test if the engine really works.

All our current three coders have normal morts, which they log on much more frequently than their imm chars. One of them doesn't even have an imm char, he usually calls on some of the other staff when he needs a reboot to get new stuff in.

I have a mort myself, but regrettably I don't have time to really play any more, so I just use her to test new zones or scripts. Building is a lot more time consuming than coding, so I feel that I can do more good for the Mud by sticking to my job, than fooling around with my rather useless mort, who has lousy equip and is an even lousier fighter.

Since ours is a rather old Mud I think all but the newcomers know who the imm-morts are, but that doesn't seem to matter much, they are treated as one of the gang.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote