View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #18
rauul

rauul is on a distinguished road
Re: What makes the perfect _Necromancer_?

After reading All the posts i felt i should add a few things..

In the Retroverse there is Paths for all classes, based off their secondary guild.. For necromancer that has Always been Deathmaster (who deals with Neg Energies and Undead pets) and Hekau (who deals with the Ancient Arts of Magic lost to the mages)

So basicly the primary Guild of necromancer is or Should basic.. So they Are allowed to take a Path the Player wishes...

Having a few Spells that Lower ac's and Resistances would be nice.. but unless it lowered it by several % (25% or more) it would be basicly worthless vs monsters and Retro isn't a Pk mud...

Having them make an Undead minion that Does wierd things like Lowering resistances, Causing DoT damage or paralizing foes... Dependant on what necromancer programs it to do.. depending on the Brain put into the Minion...

But Madrados is correct.. for a Necro to be useful in a party.. it needs only needs a couple of Spells.. Mass Antidrain Shield, Vampiric Mass Shield (a spell that takes some of the incoming damage and converts it to healing for the party), Knock down and interrupt spells..

Just my 2.5 cents

Rauul the Former Necromancer leader/Champ/mentor of retro
rauul is offline   Reply With Quote