View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Re: Which aspects to review?

It would be nice to see a few unbiased reviews again, and your list of criteria sounds good to me.

It would however be better to have them placed on a mudrelated website than on a personal blog, mostly because it would be more permanent and they would have a bigger impact in that way.

What happened to the Review section on TMS that Lasher talked about in that old thread KaVir linked to?
If that doesn't work, there is always the Article section here on TMS. I contributed to that a bit myself in the past, but it has been pretty dead lately, I think the latest article is dated 2005.
No reason why a series of reviews couldn't be posted there as articles, is there? Possibly a way to comment each review could be added too?

Otherwise TMC has a review system where you have to e-mail the reviews and get them approved before they are published. This is to avoid the fanboy/disgruntled player syndrom most likely. And they do have a comment option there.

On the subject of which games to choose; try to get a wide range of categories; commercial versus free, focus on H&S versus focus on exploring, questing, trading and crafting, various grades of PK, various grades of RP etc. And if possible try to get at least two games in each category, so there is something to compare for the readers.

Any Mud should be pleased to be among the chosen, even when a review isn't 100% positive. As someone declared long ago; "All publicity is good publicity".

Last edited by Molly : 04-17-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote