View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #10
nasredin

Name: Boris
Home MUD: ArcticMUD (mud.arctic.org 2700)
nasredin is on a distinguished road
Re: Sort of beginner looking for MUD to play (lots of info, long post)

For Dragonlance, come to ArcticMUD. Solace and Palanthas, Paladins and Knights of Takhisis, the quest to get 'heal' in Xak Tsaroth and the Conclave test to become a Robed mage - we have all that and much more.

As to your other requirements,

> large world
Huge, and ever growing.

> Good crafting system, because I love to craft.
Most of our crafting is related to magic. Every magic user may scribe scrolls or brew potions and use them later in the game or sell to other players.

> Good exploration
You get it. Many zones in Arctic have excellent stories behind them. To tell the truth, I started to play ArcticMUD first and read the Dragonlance novels later. The books disappointed me - after seeing the zones based on them, I expected more.

On top of that, it is rumoured that some of our quests have never been solved and still wait for a brave adventurer to uncover the mistery and get the rewards.

> Events. I'm not big on static worlds
Our world is stable, but not static. Not only do we regularly get new zones, but some of the old ones are changed to make them more interesting and challenging. For example, not long ago the guildmasters of the Knights of the Lily were captured by the forces of Solamnic Knights.

> I'm not big into 100% forced RP ones
Arctic is a hack-n-slash MUD. We barely have any RP at all.

> having a large selection of classes is nice. And even better, a large selection of skills and/or spells.
We have a dozen of classes with unique and elaborate skills and spells. If you choose to play a mage, each robe is basically a separate class with it's own specialization.

> Dragons are nice to play as...
You can't play a dragon in Arctic. However, if you play a Paladin or a Knight of Takhisis, you may have a dragon pet that gains ranks and gets new skills and abilities.

> Community size
50 players on-line at the moment.

> Not expensive or have to pay every month...
And, last but not least, there is nothing to lose if you try ArcticMUD. The game is absolutely free - we neither have monthly fee nor sell any perks. The only way to progress in the game is to play it.
nasredin is offline   Reply With Quote