View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
Tristan1992

Home MUD: GateWay
Home MUD: Rocky
Home MUD: MUME
Tristan1992 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: What do you do while you play a MUD?

Interesting question!

Me, I am a old mudder and thus multi mudding is not something I'm used to although I've tried it out. I'm not a multi tasker in any event. The Web also didn't exist when I started mudding so there were no web sites although on MUME I used a few of its numerous web sites to keep up to date on when sunrise and set were as well as shop opening closing times.

Mainly if I am playing an old fashioned mud where there's lots of resting time for your character as it heals I tend to chat with others on the mud. IF no one is around I tend to go AFK and have a spot of tea or something.

Yes mud type has a definite effect on this. Diku style muds tend to be faster paced with mobs that chase you and quick death if you're not paying attention or unlucky. You don't really have much time for anything else on these as even healing is faster on them. LP's on the other hand are more sedate due to the larger HP's you get and the slower pace of combat and healing. You've got time to do other things here. Unless your guild has to taunt the monsters every 2 rounds... then you can be pretty busy.
Tristan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote