View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 12:10 AM   #27
Traithe

Name: Kite
Traithe is on a distinguished road
Oy vey - I'm a little late, aren't I? I didn't even realize this debate was raging until one of our players kindly directed a link to my attention, after I'd been away from the computer all day.

First - I wanted to say "thanks" for some of the kind words that I've seen said about me here. I'm honored to see others taking up my side of the case while I was absent, and appreciate it greatly.

Logos, I respect your position on the matter, and certainly admire your consistency. I do realize the somewhat precarious nature of my own arguments, from a strictly legal standpoint, as has been enumerated by yourself and numerous others in posts before.

I guess what strikes me the most about this thread and your argument is your distinction between the "legal" and the "moral". To wit:

Regarding point number one: you are absolutely correct. Despite the efforts I have made at contacting the Estate and researching the issues (see the MudConnector post I believe someone referenced above), my assumption that it is permissible to use their IP because they have not responded negatively is, technically, erroneous - and the usage is, technically, therefore illegal. This brings me to the latter half of your second point: I object to a number of laws and violate them regularly with a clear conscience.

As long as we're clear that your decision to pursue this issue, and continually single out and attack my project on the public fora - is a result of a personal moral preference, since clearly you do not seem to maintain that the law deserves to be upheld simply because it is the law - I don't really have much else to say. Of course, I could point out that my own opinion on the matter stems from a similar source, and note that this entire debate therefore becomes a conflict of personal preference and moral values rather than consistent, by-the-letter legality.

In short, you're certainly entitled to repeatedly call me a "thief" on various public fora, but I hope you understand the difficulties of your own position.

Best of luck in your attempts to track down someone at T-Ent - with any amount of luck, one way or another, this entire issue (at least, as it pertains to SoI) will be resolved soon so that it may be left in peace.

-T.
Traithe is offline   Reply With Quote