View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #8
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I think it's both - age and experience.

It has a lot to do with capacity.

A young person lacks the capacity to have as much experience as an older person has. An older person might not actually HAVE as much experience as they could - but they have that capacity to have experienced more, simply because they've lived longer.

I think it also has a bit to do with emotional maturity. Kids haven't had time to grow emotionally yet, and will be more likely to go through periods of emotional angst than the older players. The whole puberty thing can cause a young player to do things that he might not do if he was older and past that stage in his life.

Please note - I can't emphasize this enough - that I am being VERY general here on purpose. When I say "will be more likely" I mean just that. I don't mean "will always" or "will usually" - I'm talking about capacity.

An older person has the *capacity* to be more level-headed during tense scenes than someone with raging adolescent hormones. It doesn't mean the older person WILL be more level-headed - but they have already passed that stage and the likelihood of breakdown is reduced.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote