View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #80
Veela

Veela is on a distinguished road
Re: From MUDs to MUSHes: FAQs, etc for the players

Well Hello Again,

I was not going to come back here as I did not find it as helpful as I had liked. I however had minimized the window and when I got on the computer later; I started looking at other links listed on the site and found some very useful. I had intended to come back into this forum and state just that. That your site had given me information that was both useful and pertanent to my search.

However instead I find an amazing amount of slams sent in my direction. With accusations that I am not really a new member or was only making a post to "stir the pot". Well I would like to answer some of these statements.

But first as to the color I use. This is my signature color for my signature bard Veela. A little information about me. I am a female mudder who has been RPing for around 10 years and was introduced to mudding by my husband. Yes there are real life female mudders and we conduct our characters a little different as should be expected. It has been my past experience that people embrace differences in the mudding world as it adds flavor to the tapestry that is their realms. Apparently web sites talking about mudding are less tolerant of an individual's expressive style.

As to the slam about my character name and attributes thank you for noticing. I chose the name for exactly that purpose as the Veela in the book entice the men around them by their beauty and completely distract them from their evil temperment. As I play a surface bardie that has a secret afiliation to a passle of orcs, drows, duergers and goblins the irony tickled me as well.

As to the comments on needing to register, that was EXACTLY the impression I had. I clicked this link and started to read the posting when a box came up and said that to have full access to member posting areas that I would need to register. So I did. Pardon me for thinking there was a reason for the pop up message.

As to the part about etiquette. I have learned something today. I do not participate in forum discussions and did not know how they even worked and wasn't sure even how to post a comment. Scoff if you must, but that is a truthful statement none the less. As I originally came on to say, once I came back and scrolled down there was some valid information that gave me additional insight as to the world of the admin wizards located just beyond the curtain. So if I had offended by posted before reading I am sorry and will keep that in mind should I enter into anymore forum discussions.

However the orignal point of my post is very valid. I did not think that it would be a cut and dried list of FAQ's but that it would be a give and take on what their content should be. And in that give and take there would be solid information about MUD and MUSH content, similarities and differences. I still maintain that if this is the content heading of your topic of discussion that the majority of posts should fall under that heading. And as I stated, that a NEW thread could have been started to address the other concerns. I must also admit that I found my original assumption to be true. There is some very solid information about these differences in the posts here, but again you had to wade through a large amount of bickering to get to the meat of it.

If your desire is to increase the number of new members to your site then you might try to be a little more welcoming to those that do show up and actually post something. Your next new visiter scanning posts is going to see how you treated this one and an impression is going to be made. You need to ask yourself is this the impression that you want them to get.

Sincerely,
Veela

Just in case there is still some doubt as to my validity as a seperate entity from others you can email me at .

Veela is offline   Reply With Quote