View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #44
illusoryneptune

illusoryneptune is on a distinguished road
I should have been more clear. I apologize. One, yes, idle chatter over AIM takes from the time available to develop the game, and two, I think it sets a bad example. Say a player learns that so-and-so staff member has private AIM chats with a select group of players. And then the player sees this group of players get "benefits" in game. Of course, there might be nothing at all sinister about a private group chat but it may seem to people on the outside that favortism exists. Frankly, it creates a conflict of interest when staffers become OOC friends with players and I think it's better to avoid the entire problem by banning AIM communication with staff members. It's natural to want to help out your friends in game. Some staffers can remain professional about it, others can't.

Surely, you can inform players of new developments, receive feedback and suggestions, ect. through an official forum. If an individual player has concerns that he does not want to post, he can send them through the website email.
illusoryneptune is offline   Reply With Quote