View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 05:47 PM   #1
Greenstorm

Greenstorm is on a distinguished road
I'm fairly new to playing in a world with heavy class/status divisions; in this case a feudal society with your kinds and nobles that runs the gamut through a merchant middle-class right down to the lowest of the low, a sort of homeless class that's not fit to work for anyone and is looked down upon with nearly universal scorn.

I realise there are a whole lot of other feudal mu*es out there, any many with status divisions outside of that. I'm curious as to how, or even whether, the people from these diffeing classes gets in interactive roleplay together. What sort of scenarios do you use? It makes sense, realistically, that there would be some kinds of contact, but when I go to RP I often come up empty.

Recently I saw a scene where a higher-class woman hired a peasant to carry a message to another noble for her, which got the peasant involved in a bunch of RP with two different nobles. I've seen peasants begging by the side of road, and sometimes nobles stop to give them money which involves a little bit of RP. Sadistic nobles could certainly torture peasants, or taunt them.

Does anyone else have ideas on this? Has anyone else negotiated this situation? (Shortish) logs are welcome.

I've farmed out the question to two places, so there may be good answers as well. I'm very interested in any answers.
Greenstorm is offline   Reply With Quote