Thread: Accursed Lands?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 05:16 PM   #5
Alice

Alice is on a distinguished road
An ad for AL would rock right now, but I see little point so I'll just chatter away about AL's features.

Vorpal_Tribble's post says a lot of it - we are a role play encouraged mud.  Unfortunately, we don't succeed in this RP as well as we would like, and much of that is down to our skill-based, classless system.  On many mud's, if you wish to learn a certain skill, then you kill x monster to get the exp.  This does not happen on AL.  If you wish to learn a certain skill, you have to practice it - killing x monster will do nothing more than teach you some combat skills, and possibly kill you.

Though this skill based system is nothing new, for a RP based mud such as AL, it does add a lot to the game.  Uber twink is possible, as in any mud, but also is mediocre whittler.  Whittle a torch, or attack the high lord of Edra?  The gloves are off in this game because almost anything is possible.  Whatever you have ever wanted to do on a online game, then you can do it here.  

I must please note however, that AL has been in beta for about 5 years.  It is nowhere near compleate, and any players become testers for the game.  Really, this does add to the vision of the game - the fact that a MUD would spend so many years in beta, rather than throw out some half done areas and guilds, shows that AL puts it's areas and features above players - and it is true.
If you want to play an average joe mud, then there are lots of opportunities for you.  If, however, you want to try out something new that tests your skills and abilities, then you have two choices - join the FBI, or play AL.

OK, so this has turned into an ad for AL, but what the #### - it's in the right forum.

(AL's server is having router problems as I write, so if you want more info on the game - please checkout while the game is offline)
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote