View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #90
Fizban

Name: Brandon
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Fizban is on a distinguished road
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

Just touching on something, and let's not try to make this be the entire basis of this thread from here on out because of this post.

I agree, I have in the past posted in threads that had to do with IRE's marketing tactics. I personally hold no ill will against him and flame him for the fun of it. I also have no issue with the concept of commercialized mudding, in fact I believe that muds like IRE are GREAT for the genre as they help make it just a tad more appealing to non-mudders and help the community actually grow instead of just passing around and recycling the same old players. The one issue I have had with IRE's marketing techniques are when players log on and play for a long time, and then only later find out that the MUD is commercial and has pay for perks. I also had an issue with them showing up on every single search result on TMC (not how it currently is, they pay for advertising and totally deserve to therefore be listed at the top of searches as being "Featured MUDS", my issue was when you used to search for "Harry Potter" or DBZ" and voila, Achaea showed up in the bulk of the results, as it was misleading to the extreme.
Fizban is offline   Reply With Quote