Thread: C for Dumies
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #5
Lovend

Lovend is on a distinguished road
I'm still having problems from scratch. I just wanna download a stock code and play around with it. And right now, I've downloaded PainMUD and SMAUGmud, and I can seem to even open them or install them. I have ZMud, I also downloaded MinGW and I seems like a collection of scripts, and not a program I can open and try to use. Can anyone help me get a mud running from scratch? Assume I know nothing, I have windows XP, cable connection, and a good hardware spec all around.

I know it might take some time helping a complete noob to muds, but I will turn your help into a from scratch noobie guide if it really is as complicated as it seems.

I know you guys know so much more than me, and there is a lot of resources on the web, but it's all assuming you have your mud up and running.

I'd appreciate any help, seriously.

Right now, I'm open to use any codebase, I just want to get something up in any form, and play around with the races and classes, build some rooms, and basically peek into the combat code and guild code to see how it works. I just want to make something fun for a friend and myself.

My email is , I'll also be checking back for any useful info. Thanks.
Lovend is offline   Reply With Quote