View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #12
Greenstorm

Greenstorm is on a distinguished road
That's an interesting one, Doreen. I notice people hold more 'multiple conversations' in MUSHes than they do in real life. So, you get someone speaking with Bob, Bill, and Bert at the same time, when holding two different conversation streams that are seperate is a rarish thing RL for any length of time. I think that's what precipitates that awkwardness. I've been, just very lately, having my characters say "Excuse me, please" and just addressing one at a time when I feel like being super-realistic. It's sure a change.

As for the original topic, pose length, my MUSH has all kinds. I find, like Doreen, that certain types of poses work better for me with certain types of scenes. I also find, though, that I enjoy shorter poses from longer-term roleplay partners.

This sounds kind of odd, but what it means, basically, is that if I know your character for long enough that the facts of their actions will have enough time to accumulate into a meaningful personality, I want that. I'd rather pose short to get more 'stuff' in.

If it seems like your char doesn't have much of a personality, OTOH, then I guess we can fall back on imagery, but that's not quite so exciting to me. Of course, I like variety, so popping longer poses into more sensual scenes (those where the chars are using their senses, get yet mind outta that gutter) is really nice.

And for scale, my original paragraph here would be a middling-long pose, were it a pose, with the second paragraph being approximately 'short pose' length. A single line across the screen always looks lonely to me, although I don't mind them as punctuation/emphasis/occasional simplicity.
Greenstorm is offline   Reply With Quote